Membership in AzBL is rewarding and educational. Executives learn, grow, and get together with other leaders of the Arizona business community.
AzBL currently has over 170 members, represented in the following industries:
- 16% Manufacturing
- 21% Retail/Wholesale
- 25% Financial Services
- 38% Professional Services
Membership in AzBL is by invitation only. Candidates must be sponsored by a Member-at-Large and be pre-qualified. Attendance at an event is required prior to the submission of an application.
Membership is generally limited to the top executive or most senior executives of the management team of a company, i.e. President, Senior Vice President, Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Corporate Development Officer, Corporate Director, or a substantially equivalent position with the following qualifications:
- Company with more than $2 million in annual revenues.
- Executive with span of control of five or more employees.
- Candidate with a distinguished background who has held a prior position that meets the guidelines, as established in items one and two, may be considered if retired or is serving on a board of directors of a national or Fortune 500 company. If embarking on a substantial new start-up, membership may be considered.
Membership diversity is desired from various business types and sectors. Application of these guidelines is within the discretion of the Membership Committee.
No more than two individuals from any one company may belong to AzBL. Should a member resign or allow their membership to lapse, he/she must reapply. No automatic re-admission is granted. Membership dues are $475 for July 1 through June 30 and are billed annually and do not cover dinner/event fees.
Any Member-At-Large of the Arizona Business Leadership Association, Inc. (AzBL) may sponsor a proposed Member-At-Large by taking the following steps:
- The sponsoring member should pre-qualify the candidate and arrange for the applicant to attend at least one regular meeting as his/her guest for the purpose of meeting as many members of the Membership Committee and Board of Directors as possible. At least two members of the Membership Committee or Board of Directors must be acquainted with the applicant prior to approval.
- Request a membership packet from the Vice President of Membership, President, or AzBL office.
- Assist applicant in preparing the application; sign as sponsor and secure agreement from a minimum of two other Members-at-Large to act as references/sponsors for the applicant.
- The applicant must include a resume/bio when sending in the completed application.
- The application will be reviewed in the ordinary course of business at the next regular meeting of the Membership Committee and at a regular meeting of the Board of Directors. After acceptance for membership, notification will be sent to the applicant and the dues will be processed on the credit card provided.
The Vice President of Membership or the President should be contacted for clarification of the membership requirements. Exceptions are at the discretion of the Board of Directors and Membership Committee.
To learn more about Arizona Business Leadership, please click here to download our Organization Profile.